View Single Post

Old 08-27-2014, 01:02 PM

Liked 8,820 Times in 2,555 Posts

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the kind words.

Some folks who are right handed use left-handed holsters for behind-the-body carry - I never understood that, as it requires the person to rotate her wrist when drawing. Nevertheless, it's sometimes done and advised for small of the back carry (but usually by people who aren't all that knowledgeable). When I started carrying in the '80s, it was behind the body, inside the waistband or on the belt. I always used a strong-side holster (I'm a lefty, so a left-handed holster) and it's always worked for me. It's also faster than the method that you mention - please note that you'll find no competitor who wears behind the hip carrying in a weak side holster.

Now, as to where you should carry: I don't know that anyone can say anything other than you will need to try it out and find what works for you. Every corpus is different, and your build will determine what suits your running style. The lightweight BG380 ought to be fine in this sort of Pistol Wear Trump Card holster/belt in either position. I've carried both appendix (in front of the hip) and behind the hip while running - both worked fine, but I've grown much more accustomed to appendix carry over the years, so that's where I default these days.

You might talk to the woman who owns Pistol Wear to see if she has any advice about the use of this holster by woman runners - I'm sure she'd be happy to help.

Again, welcome to the forum, and have a great rest of the week.