View Single Post

Old 08-28-2014, 04:24 PM

Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Default H&R 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Saw a H&R Sportsman Revolver at a gun store. Top break, simultaneous ejection, .22. Adjustable sights, wood grips. Many years ago, while they were still being made, a friend of mine had one and loved it. I have long since lost track of him. I was not interested then because I had a K.22. I still have it, love it, one of the smartest purchases I ever made. But I an interested in this H&R. Does any one here have any experience with them or an opinion on them? I have done some research and am finding mixed reviews. I have no need for one, and I doubt I would use it as much as my K.22. But that as never stopped me from buying a gun before. Thanks, Waldo.
Father gave me a 999 in 1957. Fantastic gun. Friend and I probably ran about 50,000 rounds through it (ammo was probably $2.00 a brick). Never misfired, excellent trigger, accurate. Was getting a little "loose" and should have sent it in for refurbishing instead of selling. Picked up another one in mid 70's. Still pretty nice but not the accuracy of earlier one, don't think the timing was quite right. Wish I had that first one. H&R made good guns. Wish they were still in business.
The Following User Likes This Post: