View Single Post

Old 08-29-2014, 09:21 AM

Liked 2,914 Times in 1,067 Posts

My first experience with the .40S&W cartridge was with a 4006. I had resisted the cartridge from its introduction, not wanting to add another caliber to my inventory. I "accidentally" won a couple of NIB 3rd Gens in an auction a number of years ago, and one of them was a 4006. At first I kept in the safe (acting as a collector) but as I saw the surplus PD guns filtering into the market I knew it would never reach collector status. So I took it out and shot it. Oh wow, what a revelation!! The power of a 10mm/.45ACP with the recoil of a 9mm (at least in the 4006), this little pistol sent me down a whole 'nother road. Now .40S&W has become my caliber of choice, and the stable has grown from that lonely 3rd Gen to where I now have almost a dozen pistols chambered in .40S&W. Built like a tank, yes. Too heavy and bulky for concealed carry, yes. Shoot like a dream, yes. Hit what I aim at, YES. Great pistol, ABSOLUTELY and I am glad I own it. It is one I would never part with.

Thanks for starting this thread, some great information being shared here.

P.S. Sorry no picture of mine, but I think you guys know what it looks like - every other 4006!!
The Following 7 Users Like Post: