View Single Post

Old 09-06-2014, 12:10 PM

Liked 383 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganScott View Post
If you are talking two legged varmints, there is a reason the military is beginning to use 77gr. OTM. I've never shot it so I'm not sure if it will stabilize in a 1-9 twist.

Winchester 64gr Power-Point is designed as a deer load. Any load using Barnes TSX would be a good choice. Over penetration is not an issue if you hit what you are shooting at. If you miss, it's a problem with any load.
Well, I got my Sporty a few months ago. I bought some Winny made M855, and some of that Winchester 64 gr. PowerPoint, and headed to the range to sight in. Started shooting the M855, and got it sighted in, at 100 yds., and then started shooting for group. I got some nice 1.25 inch groups with the M855, and then, I started with the 64 gr. PowerPoints. When I checked my spotting scope after the first four shot group, I was amazed to see a tiny 4 shot group inside the 1.25 inch group of the M855. For me, social work will be done with the Winchester .223 64 gr. PowerPoints. I believe that they would do the job, quite handily.......