View Single Post

Old 09-12-2014, 07:20 AM

Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts
Default pocket holster...

No, I haven't tried a pocket holster...maybe I should. However, prior discussions in other forums also voice concern about the weak mag release spring. It doesn't take much pressure to accidentally release the mag. I've found it on many occasions popped out, when I thought there was no reason for it to be unlatched.

After looking at it closely, I think it's more than a spring tension issue. I think it's a design issue. The mag fits rather loosely and therefore has marginal contact with the mag release lug. So much so, that when the mag release is only partially depressed, it ejects the mag.

It would be nice to see a metal mag release that would more positively engage the detent on the mag. I know it's cheaper to produce the plastic ones, but sometimes you just need to give up and produce a better product.

Anyways, I like the gun, it shoots well...is well manufactured, but suffers from some design flaws.

And as i've talked about before, SW could take a hint from the mag release tension on the Ruger LCP 380.

Thanks for your recommendation. I'll look into pocket holster...and replacing the mag release with the aftermarket product referenced above.

When I have the new product in place, I'll post my thoughts.

I would like to note that the Galloway replacement mag release for the BG is not compatible with the new M&P version of the BG. So, maybe S&W has responded to complaints on the old BG's and fixed the issue on the new M&P BG's. If so, then I'd like them to fix mine...since it's most likely an issue that they know about...a DEFECT.

Last edited by Ed911; 09-12-2014 at 07:26 AM.