Thread: 2 more returns
View Single Post

Old 09-14-2014, 10:28 AM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default 2 more returns

I posted about a failure to feed on a 9mm CORE and got some good advice about the extractor. Thanks. That has been a lousy customer service experience which made me read up on today's S&W.

Based on all the QC complaints I saw I tested a few more pistols at my gun club this weekend.

I shot my 22A for the first time and it jammed every couple of shots. I was using 40 grain Federal AutoMatch and Aquila Match. It is a $200 pistol so I did not expect much but didn't realize it was a 1 shooter.

My Shield 40 kept dropping the mag when I shot. That never happened before. I made positive it wasn't user error of me accidentally depressing the mag release on recoil and let some others shoot it to confirm. I later looked it up and it is a known problem only on the 40s.

The good part is everyone at the range knows me now. The Glock guys keep me laughing the whole time. They love to see the QC issues on the M&Ps the most.

Everyone now calls my pistols Mush&Ps.

I know there are 2 camps on this. 1 that say these things happen and Customer Service is great and another that says these things happen way too often now-a-days and Customer Service used to be great but is hit or miss at best now.

I expect the people in camp 1 will attack me and call me a liar. So be it.

Having 3 newer pistols returned to the shop at once really has me steamed.

Here is a photo of my S&Ws other than the CORE which is in the mail to S&W now. The 22A and Shield will go back Monday when I get the labels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0023.jpg (121.3 KB, 212 views)