View Single Post

Old 09-15-2014, 11:40 AM

Liked 2,652 Times in 769 Posts
Default Which S&W Revolver Do You Carry Most?

First part of the question is what percent of the time do you carry a revolver vs. a semi-auto?

Next, when you carry a revolver, which one do you carry most?

Do you have a carry rotation? What guns are in the rotation?

Do you carry IWB, OWB, Pocket, or some other way?

Here are my answers:
I moved to Florida 4 years ago and immediately got my carry permit. I was NYC for many years before that and CC is a no-no. So happy to live in a free state. I also instantly bought a few SBRs and Suppressors when I arrived.

Since it is warm 365 days a year here, I always wear shorts, T-Shirt, and flip-flops. I own my own business so I have no clothing restrictions. When I started carrying I carried one of my J Frames IWB in a Tucker Cover-Up. I didn't feel the small/mini 9mm semis available at the time were reliable enough to trust my life to. (I have since changed my tune and have a SW Shield 9mm in the rotation).

Recently I have found that with the right holster, it is not a problem to carry a heavier and larger gun. Especially with the way I have been dressing lately. My daily outfit now consists of shorts, a tighty-whitey Hanes Tank Top and a short sleeve button up shirt on top that i wear mainly unbuttoned. I can hide virtually anything under a big loose shirt like that. I bought tons of button up short sleeve shirts for this purpose.

95% of the time I carry a revolver. I recently acquired a 386 Night Guard 7 shot 357. That has become my daily carry. Some days I carry a J Frame when I want something a bit lighter. But the 386NG is really easy to carry and I hardly notice it is there!

The other 5% of the time I carry a semi.

My revolver rotation consists of:
4 J Frames: 342PD, 642 Power Port Pro Series, 638, & 442.

3 K/L Frames: 386 Night Guard, 65 LadySmith, 686 PC 2.5"

Semis: 9mm Shield, Glock 19.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: