View Single Post

Old 09-16-2014, 03:26 PM

Liked 1,574 Times in 578 Posts

In Wisconsin, weather is a factor that dictates frequent changes of clothing. Clothing often dictates type and size of firearm.
Someone else said the nature of the situation can influence what to carry, and someone else poo-poo'd that. Well, I have news for the poo-poo'ers. If they day starts with a meeting in an air conditioned building in downtown Milwaukee and then proceeds to some suburbs on the north side, a change of clothes may be called for, and I would definitely change - and even add - guns.

This time of year in Wisconsin it can be low 40's F in the morning, 60 to high 70s at noon (80s, last year), and drop rapidly into the 40s again as evening arrives. So, I have jackets, sweaters and even pants to suit in my car, and guns that suit the clothes.
The further north one travels in WI, the greater the possibilities become due to weather and even circumstances.

I am mostly retired, now, but previously worked with people who ranged from avidly pro-firearms to rabidly against. I packed accordingly.

When I carry a revolver as primary, it is one of these, in approximately this order of preference:
S&W 386NG
S&W 520 of 2005
Colt Python
Colt King Cobra
Colt Police Positive
Colt Detective Special
S&W 29 - yes, I do. Just need the right holster and ammo. Which I have.

As Number 2:
S&W 642 - first choice.
S&W 37 w/ Lasermax grips.
Colt Detective Special.

A revolver is my primary about 30% of the time. Rotating gives me plenty of motivation to practice at the range.

Here are some of them:
Colt PP left 30.jpgGP-100 and King Cobra profile 30.jpg
32xxx 30.jpgDetective Special L.jpg
S&W 37 rt side 30.jpg
The Following 9 Users Like Post: