View Single Post

Old 09-20-2014, 12:06 PM
US Veteran

Liked 195 Times in 71 Posts

My snubbies are not collectors items by any means but they have been used as back up while on duty as well as concealed carry.

They have also be used as training pistols - - - the model 19 and the model 66 are heavy enough for new shooters that while using 38 cal wad cutters they eat the recoil and help build confidence ( good muscle memory ) in the students.

The model 60 ( 1 5/8" barrel ) was a back-up when we carried Model 10s with 4" barrels as a primary weapon, then the sheriff's dept. went to a model 66-1 with a 4" barrel as primary so carried the model 66 snubby ( 2" barrel ) as back-up.

The Indiana State police carried model 19s with 6" barrels as primary for several years and when they went semi auto I bought a friends weapons ( both model 19s one with 6" and one with 2" )

As you can see all of them have been put to good use! All have preformed flawlessly!

I would post the pair of Model 66s but the 4" was stolen I will pay a reward for recovery of it Model 66-1 serial # 9K5090

Sorry I can't get the top picture oriented correct but I have tried for an hour and I give up. It is correct on Photobucket but rotates when shown here!
The Following 12 Users Like Post: