Thread: Shield vs XDs
View Single Post

Old 09-25-2014, 07:27 AM

Liked 4,624 Times in 1,697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by usncorpsman1 View Post
I purchased a XDS last month to replace my G26. I wanted something thinner as I am a slim guy. My buddy had one and I liked what I saw so I purchased my own. Well I sold it Friday and purchased a M&P Shield 9mm. What made me get rid of the XDS was when I took it to the range for some defensive shooting drills. 10 rounds at 10 yards with the G26 as fast as I could acquire the target. All shots center mass. I then tried the same with my Smith 442 J-frame. 4 center mass and 1 high on the left shoulder. Lastly I tried the XDS. NO shots on target. I drew from the holster with all 3 guns. The XDS is a great shooter when taking your time. FOR ME, this is not the gun to use in a defensive situation as I know from practicing with it that I may not hit my target. The gun is a handful when shot fast as one may encounter in a defensive situation. I've been shooting for over 25 years. 22 years of that in the military, so my technique is sound. If you are going to carry this gun or any gun as a defensive weapon, please make sure that you can hit with it.
This is the heart of the matter. I suspect that your shooting results would be the same (or similar) for anyone else.