View Single Post

Old 09-26-2014, 05:48 AM

Liked 840 Times in 428 Posts

I had a Dan, The folks at the range called it a half a wesson. It shot great. It was one of my first guns and a 4" 357. I was a new reloader and tried everything. Fixed sights were ok if I shot LIGHT weight bullets out of it. Otherwise it shot high. Trigger was smooth and DA was a little stiff, but smooth, the trigger helped. SA was as good as any revolver. After a while it got loose and spit lead, so I sent it in for a rebuild. They did it for free and in good time. I shot it a bunch more then it got loose again. I sent it back for a refit. Nice job good turn around and no charge. I bought a 6" barrel for it and had it re blued, but POA was not POI, so that barrel was useless. I tried to shim the shroud on one side to make it shoot where I aimed it. No luck.

Sold it.

A friend of mine had a Dan Wesson ported 44 mag in stainless. He shot a lot of lead out of it. I could not get the shroud off the barrel because it was full of lead. The barrel is drilled all the way around then the gassed blow out the cuts in the top of the shroud. In between is were the lead stayed.

David