View Single Post

Old 09-26-2014, 08:48 AM

Liked 9,428 Times in 4,226 Posts

Roberter,

You have two of the most iconic S&W in the company's history. The greatest development of their K-frame, which was produced as the Military & Police versions as well as the military issued Victory Model is displayed in your K-38, and of course nobody needs to say any more about a 6" Model 29 than "Dirty Harry." Of course it would also be good to mention "Mr 44 Magnum," Elmer Keith. Yes, you already have two of the very best examples of S&W History.

Where to go from here? If I were going to look for a dedicated 357, I would look for a 586 (blue) or 686 (stainless) which about duplicates the strength and durability of the C**t Python but is still a real S&W. You might also want to experience the fun of small frame S&Ws... the J-frames have a strong following here. The little Model 34 (2 or 4" barrel) or the more rare Model 35 (6" barrel) in 22 lr would "round out" your shooting battery quite nicely. This is just my opinion, of course, but I have to say that I really enjoy my small frame and medium frame 22s and shoot them at least as much as my K-38 and Model 29.

Ultimately, get what you like and enjoy what you get. It's good to have you visit with us here on the S&W board and your experiences and opinions will be a valuable addition. Welcome aboard!

Froggie
The Following User Likes This Post: