View Single Post

Old 10-03-2014, 06:32 PM

Liked 1,578 Times in 912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
my son's first deer - yes -that is a S&W 15OR

dropped him at approximately 200 yrds

Federal 60 grain

maybe all you "humane" hunters should buy your meat in the grocery store, where "no animals are harmed"....

I wouldn't brag about shooting a dog-sized deer with a poodle-shooter.
I'm glad your son got his first "deer", but that deer should have been left alone to grow up.

If you can afford an AR and all the tacticool mall ninja gizmos, you can afford a deer rifle chambered for a cartridge that is appropriate for the job.

Just because a magazine article says it's a good round for deer doesn't make it so.
Remember all the Marshall and Sanow BS that was being pimped in the '90s as the gospel of stopping power?
Once it came out that the results were falsified, the M&S worshippers at the gun rags got very quiet on the subject.

Magazine writers have only one job, and that is to write articles that appeal to a specific demographic and increase magazine sales. Reality be damned.

If you want to hunt deer and hogs with a varmint round, go ahead. I have no respect for anyone who uses underpowered cartridges on game animals. Such "hunters" give all hunters a bad name and have no business hunting.

All the Texas hogs I've seen killed with 5.56 Poodle-Shooter are tiny excuses for hogs. Hogs in GA are MUCH bigger.