View Single Post

Old 10-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,354 Times in 5,549 Posts

First if we had the internet back then when the 41 magnum was first offered the popularity would of sky rocketed back then. I think the 41 magnum is gaining in popularity now more than ever.

The 41 magnum is for the ccw carry person who wants more power than the 357 magnum but who doesn't like the recoil of the 44 magnum, but wants something bigger than the 357.

The 41 magnum from a collector's view you have to have one or a few.

For the serious shooter you have to own and shoot the three magnums, like the 357 mag, the 41 mag and the 44 mag.

I think there is a solid nitch for the 41 magnum still. I find the s&w m58 an awesome, well balanced large N Frame to shoot. I find the power ratio to the weight to be very well balanced and a pleasure to shoot. But I like my 44 magnum loads to be more stout. So the 41 magnum is comfortable to shoot for me. It's a breath of fresh air. But I like having something different than the norm stuff to shoot too.

If you like the 357 magnum and the 44 magnum why not the 41 magnum?
If not your missing out. Don't miss out on this awesome middle sized magnum. I find the 357 mag, the 41 mag and the 44 mag is like my three children, I love them all, each one has a different personality. The more we have in the different calibers to shoot it doesnt get so boring. I been shooting the 357 mag since '75 along with the 44 mag. I been interested in the 41 mag since back then. A few years ago I finally got one. I found out what I was missing.

Now tell me you don't want to own a 41 magnum?

The pistols make good ccw guns if that's what you prefer to carry. But the magnum revolvers are still very collectable and fun to shoot. I hope someday the revolvers don't get phased out because of the pistols gaining in popularity. Now is the time to purchase revolvers. It's like owning a piece of s&w history in its over 100 year old design, that we can hold, touch, and shoot. Think about it? Take the blinders off, don't limit yourself to one gun or one caliber. There's a whole world out there full of different guns/calibers for us to enjoy. My only advise I can say is why did I wait so long to get a 41 magnum?

I wish Elmer Keith and Bill Jordan could post here I wonder what they would say?

Last edited by BigBill; 10-11-2014 at 01:45 PM.