View Single Post

Old 10-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Banned

Liked 32,463 Times in 7,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonrunner View Post
Guys, I just bought the Maxpedition Fatboy CCW bag and while it is vey low key, I am not sure if off the body CCW is smart.
I have the Fatboy Versipack and love it. If you're worried about the time it takes to get the weapon out, just leave the pocked unzipped, or just zipped halfway. Most people can't see the gun in there anyway. Do you have the little in-pouch elastic holster for your gun? And you don't mention what kind of gun you're carrying in it. But if you don't have the interior holster, or even if you do, just drop the pistol in the pouch. When I'm walking, I often just rest my right hand on the top of the bag anyway. That's lots less conspicuous than walking around with your hand on a gun butt in a holster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonrunner View Post
How come most people are not using Fatboy bags? It seems the Fatboy allows you to carry larger pistols for protection.
Because, frankly, a lot of people probably have never even heard of the things. I'd never heard of them, myself, until I sort of stumbled across them somewhere on the Internet, can't even remember where now.

Plus, a lot of guys have this sort of masculine mindset that make them think an over-the-shoulder carry thing looks sort of like a purse or something...has a bit of a feminine air to it. And of course, it's anything but a purse. It's a pack, and one of the handiest things I've ever bought. In my old 4Runner, I'll loop the strap over the passenger seat headrest and let the pouch hang down the front of the seat back. Sometimes I'll secure it with the detachable waist belt, sometimes not.

The thing is a great way to carry a whole bunch of miscellaneous stuff...guns, extra mags, water, lights, dog biscuits, etc., etc.
The Following User Likes This Post: