View Single Post

Old 10-12-2014, 06:54 PM

Liked 52 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
Engineering-wise, stainless will be stronger that any aluminum alloy. Application-wise it may not matter.

You can't make a 26oz 44 mag as strong from stainless as you can aluminum alloy and titanium. The application here is a ultra-lightweight carry pistol.

Lets have this discussion in another 5 years and share our experiences. Then we'll know how our scandium frame pistols have held up.

I was rootin around on here looking for threads about Model 329's as I just purchased one. I went on S&W website and found a recall for the 329 from the performance center. Luckily I think anyway mine is a 329 PD. I think I paid a bit too much for it but I think it will be a great woods walker.
I was just reading an article about the scandium Smiths and this metallurgist says there can't be very much scandium in them with its current price around 6000 per kilogram if I am reading this right.

So in light of your lets check back idea, how many rounds have you guys got through your Scandium framed revolvers? I don't plan on shooting thousands of rounds through it but it would be nice to know it won't grenade on me. I have already had a model 29 blow the cylinder and top strap and a chunk of the barrel off, and while no one was hurt, I sure don't want to experience it again.

Model #?
Round count?
Reloads?
Factory?
Hot loads, etc.