View Single Post

Old 10-17-2014, 08:09 PM

Liked 413 Times in 220 Posts
Default Range report Badman 180 gr. and VV N340

I haven't seen a range report in awhile and since I bought a chronograph a few weeks ago I thought I would put this up. I have been working up new loads (all published) with VihtaVuori powders because I stumbled across some for a decent price earlier this year. This was a second test out of my Sig P226 .40 S&W after an initial workup the weekend before.

I was also trying cast bullets for the first time because I picked up 1000 Badman 180 gr flatpoints when bullets were scarce last year. Initially I had trouble with N320 and leading. Not terrible but enough to irritate me. Props to Badman Bullets; I e-mailed their rep and he was tremendously helpful. I mean seriously helpful way beyond just answering my few questions. I tried using N340 with the same bullets recently and these are the results on the target attached. Accuracy was always good with these bullets, but the leading was hard to avoid with the N320. Got it down to just a wisp in 100 rounds with the N340.

I'd be interested in comments about standard deviation in particular, for example, what is acceptable in your opinion? I'd also like to hear what your testing regimen is like. I think mine is improving but it seems like the need for improvement is endless.

I felt like the Beta Master Chrony I picked up worked really well. Only a couple errors all day and none in this string.

Hope the pics are clear enough. They look good on my end.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM00565.jpg (52.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00569.jpg (48.0 KB, 38 views)