View Single Post

Old 11-06-2014, 11:52 PM

Liked 1,170 Times in 549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed911 View Post
I've tried with and without bullets in the mag. It still drops with just the slightest pressure on the mag release. I'm sending it back to SW to have it fixed. It has to be a manufacturing issue. No one would design a mag release that was that weak.

I just recently retrieved my BG380 from my nightstand drawer, where it stays at night. The mag was unlatched and extended. It would have fallen on the floor, if I hadn't seen it.

BTW...having a full mag actually puts pressure on the release and should make the mag release harder to push, because of the downward pressure on the mag lug.

Thanks for the post.

Ed

Not good.
The added pressure on the catch resulting from the mag being loaders seems negligible. What I was talking about what that with 6 rounds in the mag anything that causes the catch and the mag to disengage will result in the mag being forcibly ejected from the frame while less than 6 rounds has far less pressure so a momentary accidental press of the release is less likely to have the mag shoot out but rather just pop out half an inch or so.
Either way it sounds like something is not right with one that releases too easily.