View Single Post

Old 11-12-2014, 01:25 PM

Liked 111 Times in 47 Posts
Default Model 19-5 2.5" CT State Police value?

I'm not much for asking for values, but I picked up a nearly mint Model 19-5 snubbie 2.5" round butt a ways back. It is an AYY*** serial number, indicating it was manufactured for the Connecticut State Police. This revolver has the matte blue finish similar to the Model 28 and the same as the DSS contracted guns but with wooden grips instead of the rubber ones that came on those. While I love this revolver, I would never fire it. It's much too nice, and I'm becoming of the mindset to let some of the "collection" go and get something I will play with. There's honestly not a blemish on it. Slight turn ring and "drag" from cylinder going in and out, but I'd say it's been shot VERY LITTLE. Anyone have an idea of the value behind these? I think I "stole" it when I got it, but if I do end up releasing it back into the wild I want to be fair on it while still getting me closer to my "goal" for my next purchase.

Any help is appreciated. I've not seen many in this configuration to know where its "premium" if any is.