View Single Post

Old 11-20-2014, 05:38 PM

Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts

I think my response will be the first from The People's Republic of California. I took delivery of my California compliant M&P Shield 9mm in May 2014. I couldn't be happier. A few things that some people don't like are the external safety and the red-sided shark fin tactile Loaded Chamber Indicator. First I'll address the external safety. It is way harder to engage the safety than disengage, so if you choose to carry with the safety off, there is little change of accidentally engaging it. I carry IWB appendix, which many don't like because of the possibility of mortal injury in the event of a negligent discharge. Because of this carry method, I carry with the safety on, but have trained to flick the safety as part of my presentation of the firearm during the middle of my draw stroke. I can have my first shot on target in a little over 1.3 seconds this way, and still carry a safe firearm. Second, regarding the "shark fin" LCI: It's a non-issue. It doesn't hang up on anything, and does not interfere with the sight picture. Although a little stiff for the first few hundred rounds, this gun has run flawlessly since the day I bought it. I brought it home, cleaned it and treated all metal surfaces with Frog Lube before I ever ran a live round through it. It runs like a top! We recently bought another for my wife, and she loves it!

Last edited by RayJay; 11-20-2014 at 06:15 PM.