View Single Post

Old 11-23-2014, 01:34 PM

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I bought my 5906 from Eds. The first one they sent me had issues. It was a LEO trade in that must of been used as a range gun, LOTS of wear. I contacted them and they were great. I sent it back and they sent me another. The one I got works well but it too had a few things about it. The extractor is blued, not stainless, the draw bar had a badly bent up spring clip on it and it had some wear on the barrel lugs and frame. I did a complete tear down and found lots of areas of wear on various critical parts but it is servicable and used as I knew. Much better then the first that had cracked barrel lugs and gouges in the frame where it met that would not let the extractor work right. The nylon plunger in the slide is another place to look. I guess it is pot luck when buying something online and not being able to see it yourself. I tend to be picky and can find sore spots rather quickly. Pop off the slide and clean a few key areas. You should see the score instantly.

I was very happy with the service they provided, nice people. I did ask if they can go through and find me another one in good servicable condition that I could buy but as of yesterday they said the pickings are low, about gone. They have sold most and quickly. They sold me mine for $289 shipped to my dealer with a 15 rd mag. I really wish I was there to pick from the litter when they first came in. I know there were some very low use guns in the pile. They went fast to the locals. Probably on gunbroker now for $399.

Last edited by Cappy; 11-23-2014 at 01:45 PM.