View Single Post

Old 11-23-2014, 04:15 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,092 Times in 1,249 Posts

For some reason my computer won't allow me to "quote" Rick A on his 1954 Nickel 3 1/2-inch .357 Magnum. I was glad to see a year pegged to his as I just picked up 124274 in blue with the same barrel length at a gun show last weekend. Was trying to second guess when it was produced and was guessing 1952-1953.

I did show security all night each night so took some crummy photos of it at 4:00 in the morning. A little-used gun that suffered a bit from neglect and then from harsh cleaning. One section between two flutes of the cylinder has shallow pitting/harsh cleaning/cold blue issues but can be rotated to be "outa sight." Can't decide whether to use it to trade up into a better looking one, have it refinished, or put it to work. The third option is looking better every day.

That's glint from the harsh coliseum lighting and not bright wear from case head pounding on the inside of the back of the frame. It really doesn't show any firing were there.

The seller had lots of neato classic N-Frames from pre-model number days, especially lots of different models and variants of Smith & Wessons chambered for the .45 ACP.

Last edited by bmcgilvray; 11-23-2014 at 04:19 PM.
The Following 10 Users Like Post: