View Single Post

Old 11-27-2014, 04:11 PM
Banned

Liked 22,838 Times in 10,553 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdnagle View Post
We have the big outdoor fryer for big birds and smaller Buttterball Digital Electric turkey fryer we use indoors. Both have their uses the electric one is easier to use. It is easier to keep the temperature under control without watching all the time. Just make sure whichever one you use you have a dry bird and lower it in slowly. The outdoor ones I've seen the after math of getting the oil too hot and lowering the bird in to fast or a wet bird with the burner burning. You never want to hit the flash point of oil with a source of ignition around. Makes for a quick fire and you better have a fire extinguisher handy and hope you can get it out.

Turkey comes out very moist for only 3-4 minuets per pound. Lots say after you eat a fried bird you never go back. I like it everyway so it doesn't matter if cooked in the oven, smoked, or fried. Here's a little info on frying a turkey. This is also the indoor fryer we have and the gas one is the slandered one you find in most stores. You wouldn't have any problem frying a breast in one of these. Plus frying anything like chicken, pickles, fries, or whatever in large amounts with little mess and you can steam in it also.

How To Deep Fry a Turkey | Butterball®
You make it sound super easy. These people I was watching fry their bird--had bubbling oil--dropped in a frozen bird--and fire was everywhere.I knew--they were making a large mistake but hadnt had time to mention it. I know thats like pouring water on hot grease......