View Single Post

Old 12-02-2014, 12:44 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,345 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Armed View Post
I have 5 Shield mags. 2 came with the gun, and I purchased 3 used from a forum user on this forum. ...
The 2 that came with the Shield stays loaded. Matter of fact, they've been loaded for months now. Even with all of that, they are STILL a pain in my arse and hand to load.

I shouldn't have to use a $35 tool and spend approx $200 in ammo to be able to hand load my mags without killing my fingers.
Just about every new mag I've bought (Glock, XD, Beretta, Kel-Tec, and more) have been tight. I'm not sure which brand's mags (when new) AREN'T tight. I bought an UpLula about 6 years ago, just to make loading mags quicker and haven't regretted it

All my mags stay loaded to the max, but Simply loading them and leaving them loaded for Months won't completely break in the springs. You do need to exercise them, but it doesn't absolutely mean by shooting... It's just more fun that way.

I broke mine in using an eraser head pencil... repeatedly pushing the follower all the way down with the eraser end of the pencil, like churning butter, while watching TV.
While that made loading rounds 1 though 6 easier, after more than 2.5Yrs of shooting my Shield Bi-Weekly, it's STILL tough to load that 7th round by hand.