View Single Post

Old 12-16-2014, 07:08 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 22,545 Times in 5,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrydale View Post
One of my Grail guns is a Model 27-7. It is an 8 shot made for Bangers Dist. in the year 2000. They made 100 4" barrels and 100 6-1/2" barrels. This is according to the 3rd ed. of the S & W Standard Catalog, page 195.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen one or owned one? I wonder what they would be valued at?

IMHO a Smith & Wesson 8 shot, 4" barrel, .357 revolver is the ultimate handgun. Period.
I own some as well.

I love the carbon steel, 8 shot, model 27s.

There have only been 6 variations of the carbon steel, 8 shot, model 27s so far. Here is one of each of those six variations. These six revolvers remain unfired since leaving the factory. All six are the same serial number with different prefixes.

Value depends on if you are buying or selling. You would have to offer me a suitcase of 100 dollar bills to make me sell any of the 8 shot 27/327/627 revolvers that I own.

However i would not spend that much to buy one. Value of one I am going to buy depends on which one, condition of the firearm and completeness of the package (box, papers, etc). However a fairly clean, fairly complete one will easily top the $1000 mark on the auction sites.
The Following 17 Users Like Post: