View Single Post

Old 12-19-2014, 08:20 PM

Liked 58 Times in 20 Posts

I live in N.C. off I-95 about 33 miles from the S.C. line. We have had coyotes for a long time but things have changed. My farm is 300 acres and I control another 150 next to me. There is plenty of game {deer,turkey.coon and so on} but something has everything spooked. I can find sign everywhere but have only seen 2 deer an 3 turkeys for all of 2014.
My farm backs up to a 1500 acre marsh and swamp which also has black bear. I will go to this area and spend several hours just sitting and the silence is deafening. This is the first year I have gone there and heard nothing. I have caught a flash of a few yotes but that is all.
I have found tracks the size of the pics in op's post and also some very large cat tracks. We only have {or so it is said} Bobcats in this area and if this is one it is world class in size. If anyone has any thoughts let me know. I would like to buy some trail cams if someone could tell me what is a very good one. I have had cheap ones but they only lasted one season. Thanks Ragman.