View Single Post

Old 01-02-2015, 05:02 AM

Liked 1,595 Times in 888 Posts

Protect One posted while I was pecking at the mini-keyboard.

The first two thirds of his post make excellent points. When asked , the masses will reply they want : Most smallest , Most lightest , AND most powerful . This not new, it has been going one since the begining of ctg handguns, and and a lot of meaningful progress has been made.But eventually the laws of physics and human ergonomics become a factor.

We have pistols too physically small to be grasped by an adult hand . We have very light very powerful pistols that can not be meaningfuly controled by 98% of users. And there is a point where shrinking a gun further doesn't provide any advantage in meaningful carry.

Sure , I've know people who carried a .22short mini revolver inside a cigarette pack ( empty of cigarettes ). I've know people to carry a Baby Browning buttoned inside a shirt pocket. But when we set our parameters to include being able to draw them quickly in a situation where the organic compost is flying, the exotic deep , deep cover modes won't cut it.

Thru first hand experience I learned that with any BUG carry mode that I could carry a .25acp with rapid access , I could as easily carry an Airweight .38 ( and later poly subcompact 9mm ) , and still be adaquately concealed.

Rather than Most small AND most powerful , what we really need is Plenty small enough , combined with reasonably powerful.

*To me* that means if I want more than a .32 , the next practical jump is subcompact 9mm or small .38 .
The Following User Likes This Post: