View Single Post

Old 01-07-2015, 03:10 PM

Liked 19,897 Times in 8,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale53 View Post
I have a CS-1 M with 4" barrel and Pachmayr grips. It was an "overrun" purchased at a gun show from a large dealer when they first became available. I had a perfectly good Ruger Security Six (SS 4") that, for some reason, could NOT shoot to my potential. I had an action job done on it and off the bench it shot well. However, from field positions it was NOT "user friendly". I brought the CS-1 home and immediately saw SERIOUSLY better results. That was with both target wadcutters and full house .357's. I cast my own bullets and reload and was in excellent shooting shape, so was in a position to really appreciate the difference in performance.

A good friend wanted the Ruger and really liked it. I later added a 6" 686 and still have them both. As far as I am concerned (a shooter rather than a collector) the 686's are the best platform EVER for the .357 Magnum.

Here's mine:

FWIW
Dale53
Should have bought a CS-1 back in the day......but I had my 686 no dash round butted and added the same pachmayr grips..years before the CS-1...........an action job and it was my PPC gun/and primary full .357 magnum carry gun for years. Totally agree on the 686 being the best 4 and 6 inch .357.

To me the 3" 686 is the 4516 of revolvers...too heavy for it's size. Might as well just carry a 4"! A better choice for a 3" is the 66.

Last edited by BAM-BAM; 01-07-2015 at 03:15 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: