View Single Post

Old 01-15-2015, 06:53 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default m&p10 closing bolt automatically during bolt-lock reload

Hello guys, this is my first post. Just got my m&p 10. I havent fired it yet. I just got some new magpul mags and was just testing function. Like the title says, my m&p 10 is closing the bolt forward automatically during bolt-lock reload. Pretty much the same as my m&p 9 pistol. I called SW CS and the rep told me its completely normal and is functioning like its supposed to. My m&p 15 DOES NOT do this. No matter how hard i slam a mag in the 15, it doesnt close the bolt. The 10 however does it with not that much force. Im very aware of the debate about the auto-forward "feature/issue" with m&p pistols and my m&p9 does this without much force when seating the mag. Also has been 100% in reliably picking up the first round **knock on lots of wood**. My new m&p 10, however, will pick up the first round consistently if i do a solid reload without binding the mag in the magwell, but if i bind the mag in magwell trying the get it up there, it will sometimes close the bolt prematurely and not strip the first round. Also noticed that the more fully loaded the mag is, the easier it is for it to close bolt automatically, whereas if i only load 1 round in the mag, it takes some smacking on the mag for it to close the bolt on its own. Anyone else experience this?

Edit:
I also noticed on my m&p15 that the bolt catch holds onto more surface area on the bolt face than the m&p10. M&p15 = covers the 2 bolt lugs almost completely. M&p10 = Barely holding onto bolt lug (if giving bolt lug length a value of "10"..bolt catch only covers a value of "1.5".
M&p10 also does this with the 10rnd steel mag, same as magpul mags......fully loaded=not much force needed, 1-2rnds in mag=much more force needed.

Last edited by Rjin316; 01-16-2015 at 12:54 PM. Reason: More specifics;changed title