View Single Post

Old 01-17-2015, 04:30 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 15,554 Times in 3,100 Posts
Default wow....the zombie thread lives!

I find it hard to believe that I started this thread a few years ago and it is still plucking along.

I was contemplating carrying a Colt 25 ACP vest pocket like the one that my father's mother carried. My sister inherited the little Colt and now it does dresser drawer duty. I don't think that it has even been cleaned in the time that she has owned it. I can only hope that it is well oiled and relaxing comfortably.

I did inherit my great grandfather's Armi Galesi (shown in the pimp gun thread ). I was able to repair the issues that my dad had reported (unreliable feed/extraction, ect). I have now shot a full box of JSP rounds out of it. It is remarkable comfortable to shoot, but just as heavy as my 36 (maybe heavier?). I might carry it one day for 'old times sake', but I never knew my great grandfather, so memories of him have to be relayed by my dad. He was a judge and carried it concealed in a leather glove. Apparently, he was quite a character, but I will let dad relate those stories if he chooses to post them.

Thanks for all the comments so far, it seems that the little 25 has been carried by a lot of different folks over the years, and it can still do the job.....and nobody has volunteered to to stand in front of one for testing.

Keep the stories coming gents