View Single Post

Old 01-25-2015, 10:34 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1,331 Times in 325 Posts
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee's Landing Billy View Post
STOP! STOP! Ya'll are killing us southern boys! We'll buy a gun JUST for the grips. Absolutely beautiful stuff! Ya killin me!

Hello Lee's Landing Billy
Keep the faith and search, there is Roper's in the deep south. While walking a Local Gun show here in Knoxville,Tennessee about seven year's ago I came onto a very nice set of Roper's. They were Mounted on a Model 27-2 revolver with an 8-3/8" barrel. I knew the vendor so I asked him to see the gun. He asked me if I needed the gun ? My reply was no, but I sure could use those stock's. He then shocked me as he claimed he could not sell the gun due to those Ugly Herritt stock's that it had, and he sure wished that he had a set of factory S&W Target's to Place on it. I asked him to set the gun under the Table for a bit and quickly returned from my Truck with a pair of Factory S&W Target stocks that were in my Glove compartment. He Lit up when he saw them and asked me how I would Trade ? I said even up is fine which really pleased him. As soon as I had them in my hand, I Promptly left the gun show very happy. Here is my Roper's that I have a cash value trade of just $35.00 In. Keep up the Hunt....they are out there. Hammerdown

The Following User Likes This Post: