View Single Post

Old 01-26-2015, 11:42 AM

Liked 177 Times in 47 Posts

Pachmayr for me.

Purchased this 627 new, and on it's first trip to the range I was a bit unhappy with the groups I was shooting double action.

After the first few cylinders full, I started trying to figure out what was going wrong.

Figured out fairly quick that the Factory Hogues were forcing my hand too low on the grip. The filler behind the trigger guard and all the finger groves were moving my hand lower than where I wanted it to be. Trying to overcome this was causing me to turn my wrist and putting the palm swell in an odd spot making for a less than comfortable experience.

Went home a bit disappointed and hoped that swapping the grips would "cure" the problem. Not a great feeling to have, considering this was the first brand new gun I'd purchased in a long time.

The quick solution was to hit up the LGS and as luck would have it , they had the Pachy Presentations that I figured would solve the problem.

They did the trick, and now I'm quite happy with the groups I'm getting and my hand is more where I want it to be.

PLUS I think they look much better. win win.

For my hands the Pachy's are better all around.

The Following 2 Users Like Post: