View Single Post

Old 01-26-2015, 01:42 PM

Liked 177 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
Afternoon savit260;

Nice looking Pinto you have there.

Any chance you can post a picture of your R/H grip on the frame with the L/H grip removed next time you have the grips removed for some reason?

I would really like to see how much those grips fill behind the rear frame.
Thanks!!
Unfortunatly I'd have to take a razor knife to the grips to do that, as they're molded as one piece. No separate left and right panel. They are open at the front in order to slide over the backstrap to get them on the gun.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the area behind the trigger guard, or the area where the backstrap is enclosed.

The area behind the trigger guard certainly has much less area filled than the Hogue's which for me was a big issue. By comparing pics of Hogues installed you can see how little distance there is between the bottom of the trigger guard and where your middle finger would land. It's much closer to the bottom of the trigger guard.
There is much more room in this same area with the Pachy's allowing for a higher girp.

If you're referring to the area at the top of the backstrap, here's a pic that might help without taking the knife to my grips.

A little bit of material is added at the top of the backstrap which does increase the reach to the trigger a little bit, but being that the top of the grips are fairly slim, I don't find the increase there to be a problem.

In a perfect world, I'd like the backstrap open though.

Last edited by savit260; 01-26-2015 at 01:45 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: