View Single Post

Old 01-27-2015, 07:44 AM

Liked 75 Times in 40 Posts

I'd say ditch them both and find a "K" frame in .357, it doesn't matter which one, with a 3" barrel and full-length ejector rod. Load it up with good 125gr JHP's and drive on.

I carried a 2.5" Model 19 snub as a back up gun for about a year. Every time I had to qualify with it I noticed my times were 1-2 seconds slower on the fire and reload stage of the course than they were on the same stage with my 4" barreled gun. This was due to having to swipe at least one round of brass out of the cylinder 3 out of 5 reloads. I switched to a 3" model 65 and never had that problem again. I know it doesn't sound like much, but in a gunfight 2 seconds is an eternity.

As far as the 125gr load goes....why would you add recoil when it's unnecessary? The 125gr JHP has proven itself to be at least the equal if not superior to the 158's when dealing with stopping people with far less recoil.

As far as a concealable self defense revolver goes, IMHO the 3" S&W model 13 or 65 loaded with Remington 125 JHP's is about the best combination there is. These little differences add up and could make the difference in a life or death situation. I want all the advantages I can get if that need arises and if your serious about your CCW gun you should be too.
The Following User Likes This Post: