View Single Post

Old 01-27-2015, 07:04 PM

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by savit260 View Post
Thanks!!
Unfortunatly I'd have to take a razor knife to the grips to do that, as they're molded as one piece. No separate left and right panel. They are open at the front in order to slide over the backstrap to get them on the gun.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the area behind the trigger guard, or the area where the backstrap is enclosed.

The area behind the trigger guard certainly has much less area filled than the Hogue's which for me was a big issue. By comparing pics of Hogues installed you can see how little distance there is between the bottom of the trigger guard and where your middle finger would land. It's much closer to the bottom of the trigger guard.
There is much more room in this same area with the Pachy's allowing for a higher girp.

If you're referring to the area at the top of the backstrap, here's a pic that might help without taking the knife to my grips.

A little bit of material is added at the top of the backstrap which does increase the reach to the trigger a little bit, but being that the top of the grips are fairly slim, I don't find the increase there to be a problem.

In a perfect world, I'd like the backstrap open though.
Those Presentation grips have more filler to reduce the DA 'hump' at the top of the backstrap than my Decelerators.

I only shoot SA and could use a little more reach to get the trigger just right on the pad of my finger.

The Decelerators are a nice 'rubbery' rubber that is comfortable even shooting 45Supers in my 625JM.

Since neither is very compact, I will look for some Presentations.

I don't suppose they are made from the same material?

Batts