View Single Post

Old 01-28-2015, 06:01 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,996 Times in 1,627 Posts

[QUOTE=CCantu357;136240238]I know rubber grips are just plain ugly, but is it just me or do the Pachmayr grips really seem much comfortable than the Hogues? On the other hand I have noticed the fit and finish of the Pachmayrs are not as good as they used to be, or maybe I just got a bad batch. Though when shooting full house loads that covered backstrap is a blessing![/QUOTE
I LIKE THE PACHMAYRS MUCH MORE THAN THE HOGUES. THEY FIT SMALL TO MEDIUM HANDS VERY WELL. THEY GIVE GOOD GRIP AND CONTROL, AND DAMPEN RECOIL VERY WELL--ESP WITH THE COVERED BACK STRAP MODELS. I SWAP THEM ONTO MY REVOLVERS, IF I INTEND TO SUBJECT THE GUN TO HARD USE OR A HARSH ENVIRONMENT. THEY SPARE YOUR NICE GRIPS FROM DAMAGE, AND GIVE GOOD PROTECTION TO YOUR GUN IF DROPPED. IMHO, THEY LOOK GOOD ON STAINLESS GUNS. I HAVE COLT PACHMAYRS--WITH THE GOLD COLT MEDALLIONS--FOR MY SNAKES. THEY ARE VERY NICE. BELOW ARE TWO 686s WEARING COMPACS AND PRESENTATION GRIPS. I DO WISH THAT THEY WERE AVAILABLE WITH S&W MEDALLIONS…...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01127.jpg (157.9 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by one eye joe; 01-28-2015 at 06:06 PM.