View Single Post

Old 02-08-2015, 06:05 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
I looks like there's quite a difference between yours and the dingy green of my old Tasco in the vid which is about the same as the dingy green on my PAs.
It turns out that getting a picture of this is harder than I thought it would be. Yes, if I view a white piece of paper through the MD-ADS it does have a slight blue-green cast to it. To me it is very faint and I probably would not have noticed it had you not mentioned the issue with your other PA optics.

In trying to capture a picture, I find it difficult to replicate what I see with my eye. I'm reluctant to post this picture, but here it is:

Obviously there are a lot of factors to consider here. I'm sure your monitor is not the same as mine. So, I don't know if you see what I see. I used a piece of standard white paper. In the pic it probably has a slight grey cast to it. This is due to the lighting. The optic should have a very light blue or blue-green color to it. Yes, it's there, but most people wouldn't notice it at the range or unless they were specifically looking for it.

I'm curious to see how an Aimpoint would fair under similar conditions? I've never done this kind of a test before. My EOTech doesn't have this color cast to it. If anything, the EOTech is just limiting light transmission. There is no color, but it's obvious you're looking through something (if that makes any sense).