View Single Post

Old 02-09-2015, 09:57 AM

Liked 1,068 Times in 478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt JL View Post
rather looked as if those LDH hadn't been pressurized yet. THey don't kink like that with water in them. I always thought one of the best parts of being a Firefighter is that you get to break stuff. Us cops always have to write a report if we break stuff. The Fire guys just go back to the House, take a shower, eat something, and go back to sleep! (I keed, I keed!!)
My son-in-law is a Captain in the Petersburg, VA Fire Department. The FD where you are is completely different than in Petersburg. After each call he has paperwork to turn in. His men clean, check equipment & have everything ready for the next call before as you say go back to the House, take a shower, eat something, & go back to sleep! Most nights they get NO sleep because they are running calls all night. And if a truck gets scratched he has a mountain of paperwork to write up. So they don't push cars out the way, they just destroy them if needed. And the City doesn't pay for the damages. Some idiot that parks in front of a fire hydrant & thinks the law doesn't apply to them should get their car destroyed.