View Single Post

Old 02-27-2015, 08:11 AM
US Veteran

Liked 14,217 Times in 4,509 Posts

Ahhhh, the infamous 45xx trigger click.....

No, it's not "normal," and I'm surprised S&W didn't get it fixed for you, as it is a very commonly occurring "issue" with this series for some reason.

There have been several previous threads about this, but long story short, most of us have addressed the issue by a little "home cookin'" that generally takes care of the problem -- until it occurs the next time, which could be a long time or a short time.

With the pistol field-stripped, look down into the frame from the top and locate the L-shaped brass leaf spring. With your finger or a pencil eraser, push very gently forward on the spring. Easy does it.

Problem solved, at least for the time being. Like I said, it can be a semi-permanent fix, or your trigger might start clicking again after a few rounds. If it does, I'd send it back with more specific instructions to S&W about that particular spring.

EDITED TO ADD: If it were mine, I'd try first to sell it here on the Forum, in the classifieds, and mention the trigger click issue you've had. Most knowledgeable buyers here will understand what you're talking about, as opposed to someone on GunBroker who might not.

Last edited by vigil617; 02-27-2015 at 08:15 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: