View Single Post

Old 02-28-2015, 12:22 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default AXTS 7.62 Raptors and S&W MP10

So after searching the net and getting many conflicting messages on whether the AXTS 7.62 Raptor will work in the S&W MP10 without modification, I decided to buy 2 of them directly from AXTS to put in my 2 MP10s (serial numbers both in the KN21xxx range - don't know manufacturing date or if that plays into whether the Raptor fits or not). After installation, the charging handle was binding about 3/4 of the way in.

I reached out to AXTS to find out if there was another 7.63 model available (as others mentioned being able to just drop in theirs) and here is the response I got from AXTS:

"No we do not make a version without the nub. We may make a modified version down the road to fit this rifle but do not at this time. I am sorry for the inconvenience we will update the product description."

Now I am trying to decide if I modify a $100 charging handle or return and look for other options. So 2 questions for the group: #1. is the integrity of the Raptor compromised by removing material (some of the pictures of modified handles looked like the walls were getting pretty thin)? #2. If I return, what other ambi charging handles are out there that fit the MP10?
The Following User Likes This Post: