View Single Post

Old 03-03-2015, 02:53 AM

Liked 913 Times in 293 Posts

Registered Magnum from 1936. 6-1/2" barrel.

No registration letter or box. I need to order a factory letter for it.

Kings red disc front sight and white outline U-notch rear. Unfortunately the red disc is broken off and someone replaced it with a glued on small red bead, which has been crumbling over the years and finally fell off. Need to find dimensions of the insert so I can replicate the original red disc. There is a hole on top of the sight housing so I assume it was pinned in place. Someone dropped this gun at one point, as the corner of the rear leaf sight has some damage. Fortunately the sight and screws are fully functional and no other damage occured.

A previous owner wrote his name and address under the grips. Don't know if he was the original owner. I've left the paper in place.

I've owned this gun for somewhere around 25 years, and shot it in competition, plinking, packed it big game hunting and used it for small game. Going to take it varmint hunting this spring, and try to pop a coyote with it as well. It's a bit slow for combat style shooting due to the fine sights, but they are outstanding for precise shooting.

Accurate is excellent. The trigger pull is the second best of my N-frames, being beaten slightly by a bi-color Model 29.

BTW, this is my first post here. Used to collect N-frames, but the collection has been pared down over the years. Kept the cream of the crop.
The Following 12 Users Like Post: