View Single Post

Old 03-07-2015, 04:22 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel W. View Post
I can't say I spend all too much time shooting from a static stance anymore. I just don't think it accurately reflects defensive realities.
It doesn't, that's the point. Lots of guys on the interweb claim that they are "good enough" shots so they don't need this training or that practice. This is a challenge to see if they, anyone, can even shoot at a static target.

Quote:
It's important for the beginner...
Marksmanship and fundamentals are important for everyone from beginner to advanced. Anyone who says differently is...well, wrong.

Quote:
...if your not training a lot of shooting one handed incorporating defensive movement, I don't think your preparing properly yourself to effectively the majority of handle actual defensive scenarios you would likely encounter.
Yeah, sure, but let's start at the beginning. Remember, I teach defensive shooting so, I agree that movement, shooting with one hand, shooting with the support hand and other stuff, is necessary to be as effective as one can be in a defensive situation. But first let's just hit the target.

Your comment gives me the impression that "Rastoff's Challenge" is beneath you or not worth your time. Is that true? If it is, then you are exactly the person I'm challenging. There is never a time in shooting when Sight Alignment, Sight Picture, Trigger Control and Follow Through are not important. This challenge is an exercise in executing those 4 fundamentals as perfectly as you can. Think "one ragged hole" drill.

We talk all the time about how shot placement is the key to effective self-defense shooting. Here is an opportunity to test yourself at shot placement. The goal here is the smallest group possible. It's you vs the target, nothing more.

Don't lose sight of the fact that this is for fun and experience. We can do more later. Also, no one has to participate. This is just an opportunity to challenge ourselves. If anyone doesn't want to do it, fine.

Are you in?