View Single Post

Old 03-09-2015, 10:22 AM

Liked 65 Times in 39 Posts
Default Continuing major problems with Bodyguard 380

A couple months I posted ago about some issues I was having with my BG380: occasional failure to feed, light strikes, failure of the slide to lock back, auto forwarding.

This is a recent model, no laser. I am using inexpensive but name brand ball. I have over 30 years of shooting experience, am not limp wristing, clean and lube the gun and mags thoroughly and correctly.

I sent it back to S&W and they replaced the firing pin and slide latch, and polished the ramp. Great customer service, BTW.

I got it back, put a few mags through it, everything worked fine except it still auto forwarded, and the slide didn't latch back once. I figured I could live with that.

Yesterday I went back to the range with it and in about 4 mags had one failure to fire and one stovepipe. This was different ammo than I had used before, but still decent stuff: Speer Lawman FMJ.

I am going to try sending it back one more time, but right now I have ZERO confidence in this gun. I really want it to work, because there is nothing else with the characteristics I want that can replace it. Plus, I like it.

David