View Single Post

Old 03-10-2015, 07:22 PM

Liked 197 Times in 119 Posts
Default A Good Gun and Good Ammo Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafbloggerdanny View Post
I have had similar issues with G42. I decided to go with the G42 over the BG380 for a couple reasons. For one was not looking for CCW as the primary role. already had a shield for ccw. was actually looking at 380 because i wanted something softer shooting than 9mm and the G42 is larger than other 380's. The other deciding fact was reading threads like this, about people having problems with the BG380. Light primer strikes, FTF, FTE, pins walking themselves out.

When it comes to full size M&Ps I think S&W can beat Glock pound-for-pound. Equal reliability with superior ergos. However, Smith and Wesson's 380 offering just isn't as well refined as Glock.

That said, I have been disappointed with the G42 too. The spring is just too heavy. I understand you want something that will allow you to use hot self defense rounds and not beat the gun up too much, but someone REALLY needs to come out with a lower lb. spring for people that want to use target rounds or reloads.

It's really annoying when I can buy 8 different types of .380 loads from different manufacturers and only 4 or 5 of them will cycle in the gun.

I have been waiting for Galloway Precision to come out with new lower # recoil spring assemblies but I think they're still working on them. Who knows if they will ever see the light of day. It's a tough world for 380. Part of me wishes I had gone Sig P238.
I have a nephew in N. Idaho that has a Sig P238 and has had no issues and it drives tacks. I have the Sig P232. No problems but
only keep it "someplace" in the house, not for packing. (Have Shield for that) I do keep my P232 loaded with Buffalo Bore's 100gr, flat nosed +P stuff. It fires them well.
Buffalo's sales pitch for them (on BB's site) is pretty persuasive.
I like the bullet style being the same as used in big game ammo.
G'luck and stay safe.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell