View Single Post

Old 03-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Banned

Liked 546 Times in 277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiema View Post
DB I work at a LGS and we have sold these for a few years now, I have seen more people come back with the same if not similar issues. My 2 cents and what I can figure is that these guns are really finicky on ammo and from what I see up here in beantown we are kind of limited with ammo choices. We do not see too much speer ammo up here but what is successful in these is Magtech Hollow point 380 and Federal champion ammo. Just a couple of suggestions. Short action ammo= higher pressure for functionality. Also a very good slide lube as this gun is gritty feeling as it is also helps. Good luck

Pete

I've been shooting .380's since the early 90's and I can tell you guys with confidence that small pistols can be very finicky with ammo in addition they dont like to get dirty either. I've heard from others that the G42 is very picky on ammo. The BG380 seems to do well with most major brands but I can tell you that it does not like to get dirty at all. 150-200 rounds at the range is all it takes before the buildup of soot can start causing hangups...