View Single Post

Old 03-12-2015, 11:11 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
I will do this on my next range trip. But why 4/6/6/4? It's very unfriendly to snubbies; 5/5/5/5 would be much simpler.
You know, I discovered this in my very first class, but then forgot about it. One of my students had an LCR. Because there were other students in the class, I just had him load one extra round at 5 and 7 yards.

If you want to shoot 5, 5, 5, 5, it's OK with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schgsd View Post
Haven't been able to run across any B27 targets locally. So I created this just now. The inner ring is regulation 2" x 3" per the challenge. Print full size to 8 1/2" x 11" paper.
Thanks for that. This makes a standardized target that anyone can use. Of course, any group is fine as long as it's measured. properly.

Now, David R has picked up the gauntlet with a vengeance. David, you have made me get out my ruler. Your first group was close enough to make me get out the "power" tools.

First I broke out an actual target and measured the orange with better precision:
The height is 2 15/16"

The width is 2 1/16"

Then I got out the computerized group measuring tool:

Here's my group:

Here's David's:
[IMG]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa253/Rastoff/Black%20River/Rastoffs%20Challenge/David%20R%20Measured_zpsorowi**k.jpg[/IMG]
(Ignore the MOA indication. It is invalid because of the changing distances. The group size is what it is, but MOA is calculated based on distance.)

The proper way to measure a group is center to center. This eliminates any caliber bias. As you can see, David is dangerously close to beating me. His group is 1.73" while mine is 1.68". Without the resolution the computer aide gives us, they can't be told apart.

So, as you can see, it can be done. Now, someone DO IT!!