View Single Post

Old 03-22-2015, 12:41 AM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymathPioneer View Post
100 yards, eight rounds, DA. I posted the conditions of this the other day so won't repeat details.
Thanks for the picture, but this isn't 8 rounds:

Maybe you posted the wrong pic? Besides, the challenge is for 20 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymathPioneer View Post
Combat reloads refer to a timed reload with moon clips. Here is an example of that at 25 yards. My split times on a good day can be as fast 0.01 seconds off the tone from the timer but usually not so fast. I have to check my timer records for a series like this with a combat reload as I don't remember off the top of my head other than its just under or (at if I am having a good day) 3 seconds.
You'll excuse me if I'm having trouble believing this.

This is what the fastest 12 shots on a single target, using a revolver, with a reload, looks like:

In case you don't recognize him, that's Jerry Miculek. He did it in 2.99 seconds and that's the current world record. And, his group is not as small as yours. So, you'll understand why I have difficulty when you say that you've beat his time, more than once. It's even more difficult when you say you're shooting that fast, at 25 yards and keeping the group smaller than 3".

I am curious though, if you shoot as good as you say you do, why aren't you winning the USPSA national championship every year? You are clearly the best shot on the circuit.

Nevertheless, this thread is as much about integrity as anything else. So, when you say you did it, I'll take you at your word. However, this thread is about a challenge I posted in the OP. I've never claimed to be a great shot, but I did post a target that meets the challenge. Some others have posted their targets. There's no reason, based on your speed, that you can't post a target that meets the criteria of the OP. Yes, it's boring, but it should be easy for you and would only take about 5 minutes to accomplish.

So, why not do it? You're at the range twice a day. You have the ammo, time and range at which to do it. Again, I look forward to the target.