View Single Post

Old 04-07-2015, 10:40 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delos View Post
Good observation. But chiming in inspires others to give their opinions. And hopefully we get close to agreeing at the end.

Yes, perhaps the only question regarding the autos with no external safety is the trigger pull weight and often more important the holster.

In theory perhaps the handgun is not likely to have an accidental discharge in a good reasonably stiff holster. Particularly if the gun is in the holster when the holster is shoved inside the belt, or the type holster where part of the holster shoved inside the belt.

But then here we go again to the next step, about holstering a handgun after an incident. Your nerves are peaked and maybe your clothes a bit looser. Shirt tail more likely to be out, perhaps blocking the handgun from good entrance to holster. I assume nobody teaches this stuff in class but the classes are getting much better.

So it would seem pertinent to experiment with the highest trigger pull weight you can shoot well with at 15 or 20 yards. Then dress nice and do some toe touches and side bends. Roll around on a judo mat and at least look at your new belt line obstructions. If appropriate, try to holster your gun.

I think I just talked myself into buying my next one with an external safety and light trigger.
I agree with Delos!