View Single Post

Old 04-08-2015, 08:18 AM

Liked 70 Times in 54 Posts

I know...old thread...but still relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delos View Post
Yes, perhaps the only question regarding the autos with no external safety is the trigger pull weight and often more important the holster.
My Shield has a TS, and I use it at home, but I don't use it when I carry it. It's too small for me to be comfortable with swiping it off in a hot situation. If I could buy an extended safety lever for it, I'd do that, and use it. However, the Shield has a crisp-but-stiff trigger that requires intention to pull, and I carry it in a secure IWB Kydex holster that covers both the trigger and the safety lever. Once the gun's in the holster, and the safety is clicked off, nothing about that gun will change state. The safety will not accidentally become engaged. The trigger will not accidentally be pulled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delos View Post
I think I just talked myself into buying my next one with an external safety and light trigger.
I just bought a full size M&P 9 with the TS. Sure, it probably doesn't need a TS with the stock trigger, from a trigger pull weight standpoint. The beauty of the TS models is that you can either keep the safety in it and use it, or you can remove the safety lever and try without if you like. But you have the option. I understand that most guns now have the universal sear block where you could add a TS to a NTS model if you wanted, but I don't think it's guaranteed that any one gun will have that universal block.

But I don't plan to keep my full size M&P stock. I'd like to really shorten and lighten the trigger...down to around the 4 lb point. It's a fun gun, a range gun. Guns with short and light triggers generally have a TS. I regard my "future" M&P no differently. But, hey, who knows...maybe I'll take the TS lever out and have a NTS model. I have the choice.

I see no harm in folks offering opinions on this topic, but I see little value in questioning why someone else would want it any other way. That's like asking someone why their favorite color is blue when, clearly, the best color out there is red! We all like what we like, and I feel that we all learn by reading and sharing opinions. But questioning someone else's opinion is rarely productive.

Last edited by hokiefyd; 04-08-2015 at 08:19 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: