View Single Post

Old 04-21-2015, 12:22 AM

Liked 75 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentpoefie View Post
Hahaha....why do you think I took it to my friend with the tools and the workshop.

I'll try some other ammo and see what that does.

As for another question about the ejection pattern and if it locks back. With the open day it was too busy to really look at ejection patterns and it doesn't consistently lock back after the last shot.

As for how it worked with the factory setup. I never shot it in factory configuration. Yes, in hind sight that was a bad idea but time wasn't on my side. We needed the rifle Saturday.

I'll have to go to the gun shop and see what 308 ammo they have in stock. At the moment I have 1050 of the Norinco ammo and 200 rounds of PMC ammo. Would the PMC ammo be considered good ammo to test the rifle with?
The fact it did not lock back is another sign of weak gas due to low pressure rounds. Not really sure the PMC would be better, possibly so, but the stock gun is gassed for US ammo like Rem, Fed or Win, 150 gr or better, pref 168 gr, as they do not seem to like the 150 for accuracy.

It seems to me that most gas blocks will accept the slight offset of the removal of the front plate, due to the fact that the hole in the block is larger than the gas port in the barrel. Add the fact the hole is many times chamfered a bit. But to align one really nice, one would need a dimpling jig to dimple the set screw opposite the port and lock it in to position. This puts the block back about .030-.035 or so as I recall from the machined step on the barrel. No guesswork!